Connect with us
study in Ukraine


I de Snuff na, abi U wan make I play music with normal eye – Majek Fashek



They said I’m crazy, I use cocaine. Well I still use cocaine. I dey blow my nose, I dey smoke my igbo. As I speak to you, I have cocaine in my pocket and in my house. I still dey use am. I can’t stop. How will you play music with a ‘normal eye’? You can’t be a good musician playing without getting high. Pastors dem dey high too. The truth is that you can’t be on the human level and give the message. The humans are looking up to you, so you must be super-human to live up to their expectations. -Majek Fashek-  (aka the Rainmaker)

Na Wao…

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Missing! Missing!! Missing!!!



Missing! Missing!! Missing!!!

Chibuzo Wigwe Nwankpa

Above is a picture of Mr. Chibuzo Wigwe Nwakpa, who traveled to Lagos and was last seen on 24th of June, 2013.

Anyone with useful information on his whereabouts, or how to locate him should please contact the nearest police station or the relatives using the following numbers: 08061261078 or 08134940289.

Thank you for your cooperation.



Ogechi Nweke  – @spicygiggie1501

On behalf of the family.

Continue Reading


Gone Too Soon, R.I.P. Late Egbon Joseph Adebayo



He left for work on Friday, June 8th 2013, like every other instance, hugging his wife and two beautiful kids, while they expected his return as they bade him goodbye. Shutting the door behind him, “Egbon Joseph”, as popurlarly called by friends, never knew that he will not be coming back to his lovely family.

In the early hours of Saturday morning, his wife, received an unusual call, a distress call from the police, to break the ugly news that his husband of more than five years, had died at work. Shocked, confused and utterly bewildered, she was certain there was a mistake somewhere. A call from the state police in the early hours of the day couldn’t have been a joke, but they weren’t immune to mistakes, and Tatiana only hoped, that was the case. The husband she bade goodbye some hours ago, was certainly going out to come back to the family. He wasn’t sick, otherwise, he wouldn’t have gone for work. So, only a mistake of identity on the part of the police could offer some explanations, but certainly not the death of her husband.

The hours that passed by proved that it was not a mistake, as autopsy reports indicated that Egbon Joseph Adebayo died of sudden heart failure. The Nigeria community in Donetsk was filled with grief as the news spread about the loss of a respected and loved member of the community, especialy among the older members of the society, who knew him very well. Speculations were dismissed, as it became a fact that Egbon Joseph Adebayo is “late”. If the grips of death could grasp him, not giving him a chance to fight back, then nobody is immune, as no member of the community could boldly claim to be healthier.

Nigerian Embassy in Kiev was informed, and even thought it was weekend, the Consular was very responsive and maintained regular communications with state authorities, the family and representatives of the Nigerian community in Donetsk.

Burial was fixed, Monday 10th of June, 2013, and Nigerians in Donetsk had an emergency gathering on the 9th of June, being Sunday, to discuss about the burial arrangements.

Even with a very short notice, and everything happening in quick successions, friends and well-wishers turned up en mass, to pay their last respect to a brother and friend.

Students and representative of the students’ executive arm, Africans and representatives of African-Ukrainian Association, Ukrainians, Nigerians, friends and family members all gathered to honour the late brother, as he continued to the world beyond. Nigerian Embassy officials made frantic efforts to be present at the burial, but couldn’t make it, owing to the difficulty in securing a flight ticket for the more than 800 km journey.

Although Joseph’s cheerful face will never be seen again, those of the two beautiful kids he left behind are the only solace. Aged 5 and 3, with a mum who was a full-time house wife, the task of raising up Martin and Princess Monica, will be very challenging, if left to the jobless widow alone. Egbon Joseph died while struggling to ensure these kids didn’t have to suffer, but unfortunately, he will no longer be there to perform those duties. The fate of these kids will therefore rest squarely on good spirited Nigerians, family members, well wishers and hopefully, government agencies.

These kids love for their fatherland was glaring, when they came out to cling to and embrace the Nigerians and Africans that attended the funeral, cheerfully interacting with faces that looked just like their dad’s, whom they’re still expecting to come home.

Nigerian community in Donestk rallied to raise an ample amount, but that will only sustain them for a few months. Members present at the funeral also pledged to be making a monthly contribution, towards the welfare of the kids. However, considering that most of the Nigerian population in Donetsk consists of students, and older members that are not always steady, the realization of this monthly financial freewill pledge, might be challenging to implement in the long run.

Late Joseph Adeboye’s dreams was to raise these kids responsibly, and to one day, take them to visit their fatherland, and walk the grounds of Ondo state. One day, these kids will each clock 18 years, and would have formed a clear perception of what they will understand to be Nigeria. At that time, they will either be keen to fulfill their late father’s dreams, or treat that name “Nigeria” and everything associated with it as a plague that should be completely dissociated from.

While some members of the Nigerians’ community in Donetsk have pledged to do their best, a plea is also sent to the Nigerian Embassy in Ukraine to look into this misfortune and see how they can be of assistance to these kids, who are yet to even enroll into primary school. This plea is also extended to all good spirited Nigerians, and charity organizations, to help keep alive, the hopes of a normal life for these kids. The Nigerian Embassy in Ukraine, is also requested to use it’s good office to liaise with relevant Government agencies, state and local government authorities to assist with the upkeep and welfare of these innocent kids. Done right, these kids will forever be grateful and proud citizens / ambassadors of their fatherland. Neglected, your guess is as good as mine, on their eventual perception of fatherland. Either way, they will grow and will one day tell the story.

Anyone, agency or organization that is touched to offer any form of assistance could contact the Nigerian Embassy Kiev, Ukraine. Nothing is too small, and will help keep smiles on the faces of these kids as they go through life with no one to truly call dad.


May the soul of Egbon Joseph Adebayo rest in perfect peace. Amen.
Written by Frank Ogu


Continue Reading


Two PDP Party Officials Killed In Maiduguri



Two PDP party officials murdered in Maiduguri, after presidential visit

Two of PDP’s Party Officials Were Murdered In Maiduguri, Barely A Week After President Goodluck’s Visit To Maiduguri.


Two PDP  top party officials were murdered in Maiduguri on March 13th 2013, by unidentified gunmen, barely a week after President Goodluck Jonathan’s official visit to Borno State.

The victims were Usman Gula (who was the PDP’s vice chairman for Southern Borno), and Hajia Gamboa, who served as the party’s women’s leader for Shehuri ward in Maiduguri.  Reports have it that both officials were killed by gunmen at their respective homes.

Barely a week, these PDP officials hosted President Goodluck Jonathan, during his official visit to the troubled state, under tight security.

With this development, other PDP stalwarts might be gripped with fear as to their fate in the troubled and volatile state.

No group have claimed responsibility, although it is suspected to be the handiwork of the Boko Haram militant insurgence.

-Sahara Reporters-



Continue Reading


Kwara State Police Commissioner Shot Dead In Enugu



The Kwara State Police Commissioner, Chinwike Asadu, was shot dead in Enugu on Saturday, March 2nd 2013, around 10 pm.

His police orderly, Aloha Olaniyi and Driver, Oliver Omeh, who were with him at the time of the incident sustained serious bullet wounds and are said to be lying critically at the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu.

The incident occurred at Amorji Nike, near the densely populated Abakpa Nike area in Enugu East local government area within the state capital at about 10 pm.

The Police Commissioner, who reportedly visited his home in Enugu at the weekend, was driving into his private residence when the assailants who may have laid an ambush around his residence attacked him and his aides about 100 metres away from his house.

CP Asadu, according to sources, had a visitor whom he escorted along with his driver and a police orderly posted to guard his residence from Abakpa Police Division, leaving behind the official escort team that came with him from Kwara State Police Command.

They were returning to the house after dropping the visitor when they suddenly noticed a bus trailing them behind as they branched into his street only for the gunmen to start firing at the vehicle from the rear.

The gunmen were said to have shot sporadically killing the CP and wounding the two policemen but before they escaped, they reportedly took away the rifle of the orderly whose body was riddled with bullets.

The orderly was shot on the chest, stomach, hands and leg while the driver was shot on his legs.
“The CP was driving into his personal residence in Amorji Nike after dropping a visitor that night. He was with a police orderly and his driver at the time of the incident. Just about 100 metres to his house they noticed that a bus was trailing them behind and before they could know what was happening the gunmen opened fire and killed the CP instantly. His orderly and driver were also shot and they were seriously wounded.

“The gunmen ran away in their bus before the CP’s escort team that was inside his compound noticed what was happening. When the escort team and sympathizers rushed to the scene, they met CP Asadu and his orderlies in a pool of blood. They were rushed to the National Orthopaedic Hospital where doctors confirmed the CP dead. The other two policemen are now on admission at the hospital,” said the source.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu confirmed the incident when Vanguard contacted him yesterday, describing the attack as very unfortunate. He said that the CP was on a private visit to his home in Enugu when the incident occurred.

According to him, the police would do everything possible to fish out the assailants as investigations into the bizarre incident have already commenced.

The new Police Commissioner in Enugu State, Mr. Tonye Ebitibituwa, was said to have directed his men to conduct serious manhunt for the gunmen within and outside the state capital in order to track them down without delay.

Meanwhile, doctors at the National Orthopeadic Hospital, Enugu are battling to save the two wounded police officers. The orderly who was seriously battered by bullets, according to doctors, was said to be in a stable condition after the surgeries conducted on him throughout Saturday night. The driver was also said to be in a stable condition.


-Culled from Vanguard-

Continue Reading
Advertisement study in Ukraine


Popular Posts