Connect with us
study in Ukraine

Sports

Nike Extends Contract With NFF

Published

on

The Nigeria Football Federation and sportswear company, Nike, on Tuesday in Asaba, Delta State, signed a new partnership agreement that officials from both organisations termed “dawn of a new era.”

American kit company Nike had teamed up with the NFF in April 2015 following the departure of another global brand, but Tuesday’s contract is seen by both parties as the real deal. The agreement is for four years at the first instance, with an automatic renewal clause that will take the marriage to the end of the 2026 FIFA World Cup finals.

“We need to know where we are coming from to be able to appreciate where we are now. A few months after we came on board for our first term in office, I was told that we needed to buy jerseys for the national team to play a football match. That was how bad it was because the kit sponsor at that time terminated the contract.

“So, I made contacts with some highly connected persons and worked hard to convince Nike to come on board. We were coming from a weak position but they made the agreement flexible for us. Today, we are happy we teamed up with Nike because after we qualified and participated at the World Cup in Russia, the company was the one chasing us for a new improved contract,” President of NFF, Amaju Pinnick, said at the contract-signing ceremony inside the Stephen Keshi Stadium.

Chairman of the NFF Marketing, Sponsorship and TV Rights Committee, Shehu Dikko, who is also the NFF 2nd vice president, said Nike’s faith in Nigerian football and its encouragement all the way has been heartwarming.

“They never stopped believing in us and in our teams, and after they conducted their due diligence on everyone involved in the running of the NFF, they were very eager to sign this new deal as far back as when we returned from the World Cup in Russia. But we kept telling them to give us some time.

“We are very happy because this new agreement comes with good money on annual basis, more supplies, improved qualification bonus for our teams, door-to-door delivery of kits, royalty for the NFF on jerseys sold and it has now been expanded to include our women national teams.”

Sourced From: SoccerNet NG

study in Ukraine
Continue Reading
Click to comment
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Complete Sports NG

VIDEO: NFF, Super Eagles, Super Falcons Urge Nigerians To Stay Safe Amid Covid-19 Scourge

Published

on

Watch the NFF officials led by Amaju Pinnick, as well as Gernot Rohr, Super Eagles and Super Falcons players – past and present, as they make passionate appeal to Nigerians to do the needful and defeat covid-19.

Asisat Oshoala, Odion Ighalo , Desire Oparanozie, Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi, Francisca Ordega, Victor Osimhen, Joe Aribo, William Troost-Ekong, Alex Iwobi, Maduka Okoye, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Shehu Abdullahi, Jamilu Collins and Kenneth Omeruo have a word for you here.

Recall that the Nigerian motion picture artists popularly known as Nollywood also engaged in similar campaign to sensitize Nigerians on the dangers of COVID-19

 

Sourced From: Complete Sports

study in Ukraine
Continue Reading

Football

Ronaldo Reveals His First Encounter With Taribo West

Published

on

The defender and the Brazilian phenomenon shared the same dressing room at Inter Milan, but the attacker revealed that both of them had met many years earlier.

Taribo West excelled as a defender against some of football’s greats, including Brazil’s Ronaldo de Lima, in a football career that spanned almost 15 years. While the two former stars became teammates and friends at Inter Milan, the 2002 World Cup winner has shared his first-ever encounter facing West on a football pitch.

West was only 19 years old when he moved to Europe to join French side Auxerre in 1993. He had been a revelation in the domestic scene for the four previous years, starring for Sharks of Port Harcourt, Enugu Rangers, and Julius Berger.

The young defender had also become the defensive pillar of the Nigeria U20 team.

Another four successful years in France brought the Ligue 1 title and two Cup trophies before West completed a summer switch to Serie A giants, Internazionale.

It was at Inter Milan that he became teammates with Ronaldo.

But the two players’ paths had earlier crossed in 1996 when West stood firm in defence as Nigeria’s Dream Team brushed aside a Ronaldo-inspired Brazil on the way to claiming the Atlanta Olympic Games gold medal.

But Ronaldo, 43, insists they had both met before that time at an international youth tourney when West featured for Nigeria’s U20 team against an Under-17 Brazilian team that Ronaldo in its lineup.

Recalling in an Instagram chat with Italian striker Christian Vieri monitored by ilbianconero, Ronaldo hints that he endured a difficult time battling his future teammate.

“I was in the under 16, and we were in retreat with the Brazilian national team for two weeks.

“At the time I was 15, and we made a friendly match with Nigeria Under-20 team where Taribo played.

“They were very fast; they were adults, we were only 15 years old. On that occasion, I exchanged shoes with Taribo, but we didn’t know each other yet.

“After so many years, we met at Inter.”

Sourced From: Soccernet.ng
Image Credit: Getty Images

study in Ukraine
Continue Reading

Complete Sports NG

Barcelona Don’t Have Capacity To Sign Neymar Nor Martinez Now – Laliga Boss, Tebas

Published

on

Laliga President Javier Tebas wants the world media to stop speculating the news that Barcelona are making moves to sign their former superstar Neymar from PSG or Inter Milan striker, Lautaro Martinez, insisting such transfer deals are not feasible in the current challenges induced by covid-19 pandemic.

Tebas spoke with strong conviction on the Neymar and Martinez speculations when he interacted with Adea Conecta forum on Friday, insisting that such high profile transfer dealing is not feasible as European clubs prioritize their operations in the face of the economic challenges caused by covid-19 outbreak.

“It’s not true that Barca are currently in negotiation processes in the signing of these two players,” Tebas told the Adea Conecta forum.

“They are most focused on when the season can resume as opposed to new acquisitions. There will be swap deals in the short-term future, but transfers are not high on the priority of European clubs at present.

“They want to limit the damage caused by the halt in activity, but everything is still on hold. No Neymar nor Lautaro, these names
are not high on the priority list at present for Barca.”

“The club at present don’t have the capacity to make these signings, at present it’s completely impossible,” Tebas concluded.

Sourced From: Complete Sports

study in Ukraine
Continue Reading

Featured

Tranfers: Ndidi Speaks On Leicester City’s Exit

Published

on

The Super Eagles star has been linked with a move away from the King Power Stadium, but he has shut down those rumours.

Wilfred Ndidi insists he has no intention of quitting Leicester City as he is enjoying his time with at the club. The 23-year-old has been linked with a move to two of Premier League’s topsides, Arsenal and Manchester United.

The Nigeria international has been an important player for the Foxes since he joined them from Genk in 2017.

This season, Ndidi is playing an essential role in Brendan Rodgers side surge in the Premier League table. The Foxes are currently third on the table with Ndidi playing an important part.

The former Genk star is known for breaking up attacking play which is why he is joint second as the player with most interceptions in the Premier League this season.

He’s also the base that sets up Leicester City’s attack. As a result of his impressive performances, top clubs like Barcelona, Manchester United and Arsenal are reportedly interested in Ndidi’s services.

But the Nigeria international insists he intends to honour his contract, which he just extended till 2024.

“We are doing well, and I am enjoying myself here,” Ndidi told ESPN.

“I still have a contract with Leicester. I am learning and trying to improve myself every day, and I am doing OK here, so no need to go anywhere.” Ndidi made 29 appearances for Leicester and scored two goals before the season was suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Sourced From: Soccernet.ng

study in Ukraine
Continue Reading
Advertisement study in Ukraine

Politics

study in Ukraine

Popular Posts