Connect with us

Tribune

Oshiomhole’s APC Chairmanship Is An Error ― Delta APC chieftain

Published

on

EMBATTLED National chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has been described as a fundamental error, urging Senator Bola Tinubu to withdraw his support for him.

Aggrieved presidential aspirant, Alhaji Mumakai Unagha, have the verdict in a statement made available to journalists in Warri, Delta State on Monday.

He said it was possible that President Muhammadu Buhari was ignorant of Oshiomhole’s inefficiency before endorsing him, adding that the former Edo State government has taken the party five thousand steps backwards.

“Gentlemen of the press, let me brief you that, Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) is a fundamental error as the National Chairman of the party.

 “There is no doubt, President Muhammadu Buhari may not be aware of the inefficiency of the National Chairman before he endorsed him. Had he known, he would not have allowed him.

“The Chairman has taken the party five thousand steps backwards. On behalf of myself and other ex-presidential aspirants, we insist that Adams Oshiomhole must go or the party risk defeat in the 2019 general election.

“Oshiomhole has thrown the rule of law into the dustbin as he does not respect the judgment of any court of competent jurisdiction.

“He also does not have what it takes to unite and solve the crisis he created rocking the party.

“He has weakened the party in states such as Delta, Rivers, IMO, Zamfara, Kaduna etc. we can no longer accommodate this as we demand his resignation.

“What is of a great concern is the position taken by the National leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

“We urged him to have a rethink on Oshiomhole to allow him to go before it is too late for the party.

Oshiomhole was sponsored to kill the party leading to the various crisis and defection of notable party leaders.

“President Muhammadu Buhari should take precise decision to save the party from total collapse ahead of the general election.

“Many party leaders across the board are already warming up to leave, while some are already gone.

“If Oshiomhole is not removed between now and then the party will lose most of the Governorship, Senatorial, Reps and Houses of Assembly members across the nation.

“Oshiomhole has destroyed the APC beyond imagination and we APC faithful cannot fold our hands,” he enthused.

 

Sourced From: Tribune

0 0 vote
Article Rating

Tribune

Mentally-Challenged Man Axes 70-Year-Old Father To Death

Published

on

A 37-year-old man said to be mentally-challenged has used an axe to kill his father, aged 70 in Unuchiana Village, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Tribune Online learnt that the suspect allegedly axed his father to death in their compound.

Confirming the incident in a statement, the Anambra State police command’s public relations officer, SP Haruna Mohammed, said one Timothy Ezeofor reported that his elder brother, 70-year-old Godwin Ezeofor, was allegedly murdered by his son, Chigorom Ezeofor using an axe.

According to Mohammed, at about 9:45am on Friday, one Mr Timothy Ezeofor of Umuezegoro Kindred, Unuchiana Village, reported at Aguata Police Station that at about 8:00am of same day, his elder brother, Godwin Ezeofor of the same address was murdered by his son, one Chigorom Ezeofor, of the same address using an axe.

He said the complainant alleged that the suspect had been mentally ill for the past eight years.

The police spokesman said following the report, police operatives attached to Aguata Division led by the DPO, CSP Ayeni Oluwadare, mobilised to scene and rushed the victim to the hospital where he was pronounced dead by a medical doctor and the corpse has been deposited at a hospital mortuary for autopsy.

He also said the suspect who “looks insane” had been arrested and taken to the station for investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

Sourced From: Tribune Online

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Continue Reading

Tribune

PDP Condemns Attack On Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly

Published

on

THE Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the violent invasion of the Akwa-Ibom state House of Assembly by those it said are security forces allegedly working for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to forcefully take over the control of the legislature and destabilize the state.

In a statement issued by Kola Ologbondiyan, the National Publicity Secretary of the party in Abuja on Tuesday, the party observed that it was a shocking scene at the Akwa Ibom House of Assembly on Tuesday, when the invading security forces shot sporadically and disrupted legislative activities in the attempt to assist the APC to forcefully overthrow the duly elected leadership of the state legislature.

The party also accused the former governor of the state, Senator Godswill Akpabio, of stirring the violent invasion in keeping with his threats that the APC will overrun Akwa-Ibom state the same way Adolf Hitler overran Poland during the Second World War.

The statement added: “Nigerians are all aware of how Senator Akpabio declared war on Akwa-Ibom and boasted that ‘War shall see Warsaw and Warsaw shall see war’ in the APC’s quest to take over the state; a mission that has apparently commenced with the violent invasion of the state legislative house.”

The PDP said it was also aware of the role being played by security operatives, particularly the Police, “in this ignoble scheme, which has the backing of the Buhari Presidency to destabilize the oil-rich state ahead of the 2019 general election.”

“Our party had earlier alerted of the ploy by the Buhari Presidency to trigger violence in Akwa-Ibom state, create an impression that the state has become ungovernable, with a view to opening the way for a declaration of a state of emergency, which will enable them to dismantle all democratic structures and forcefully take over control of the state,” it states.

The PDP cautioned Senator Akpabio, the APC and the Presidency “to note that their design is a recipe for national crisis, as the people of Akwa-Ibom state and indeed, all well-meaning Nigerians across board will never allow anybody to overrun the state or take over any arm of government by any means other than through the laid down process of free, fair and credible elections.”

“This reprehensible scheme, which failed in Benue state, cannot succeed in any part of our country, as Nigerians are now, more than ever before, willing, ready and able to protect our democracy with every means available within their rights as free citizens under the law,” the part declared.

Meanwhile, the PDP has dismissed what it said is a phoney post circulating on the social media, purported to be the PDP Presidential campaign timetable.

It pointed out that the fabricators of the post even went further to allocate venues and dates for zonal rallies, which they claimed to have emanated from the PDP Presidential campaign council.

According to the party, for the avoidance of doubt, the PDP said it wanted to clarify that it has not yet released any timetable or timelines for our Presidential campaigns.

Similarly, the party has not yet allotted any dates or venues for our campaigns.

The leadership of the PDP, therefore, urged all its members and supporters across the board to completely disregard the said timetable on the social media, as it did not emanate from the PDP.

The statement said the PDP Presidential Campaign Council led by Senate President, Bukola Saraki, will soon make public the authentic timetable for the party’s Presidential campaign and such information will have the full seal of the party and disseminated through PDP official handles.

 

Sourced From: Tribune

 

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Continue Reading

Tribune

Boko Haram Attacks: Buhari Summons Urgent Meeting Of Service Chiefs

Published

on

President Buhari and the Service Chiefs in a meeting. (File photo)

Ostensibly alarmed by the latest killings of dozens of soldiers by Boko Haram insurgents, President Muhammadu Buhari has summoned an urgent meeting of Service Chiefs to find ways to stop the trend. 

He has also dispatched the Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan Ali, to the neighbouring Republic of Chad for an urgent meeting with President Idris Deby and his defence counterpart. 

Knowledgeable sources said in Abuja on Friday that the president is worried by on the deterioration of security situation on the Nigeria – Chad Border that has led to the recently increased Boko Haram terrorism in the area.

The sources which did not want to be named in Abuja said: “Nigeria has a Chad  problem in the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) put together to secure the Lake Chad basin areas and repeal the Boko Haram terrorist attacks against all the countries neighbouring the Lake.”

The sources noted that Chad is believed to be having their own internal security challenges and this has reportedly led to their pulling away their own troops manning their own border around Lake Chad,  saying: “That lacuna is being exploited by the Boko Haram terrorists, who go in and out of Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon to launch terrorist acts.  This is a clear illustration of the fact that terrorism is beyond national borders.”

When contacted, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, confirmed that the Defence Minister is going to Chad but said he is unaware of the purpose. 

Meanwhile, the military authorities are said to be in the process of identifying the families of the latest victims with a view to making contact with them. 

Credible sources revealed that it is the reason the president is yet to make any pronouncement on the matter. 

“The President has called an urgent meeting with the Service Chiefs, as well as the fact that families of the latest victims of the Boko Haram are being identified and contacts made before a government pronouncement on the tragic attacks. This, it is understood, is the reason for the silence of the government over the incident,” the source said. 

 

Sourced From: Tribune

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Continue Reading

Tribune

By-Election: APC Victory Has Revived Kwara South Liberation Struggle ― ADC

Published

on

African Democratic Party (ADC) in Kwara State has said that emergence of Raheem Olawuyi of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the just concluded by-election for the Ekiti/Irepodun/Isin/Oke-Ero federal constituency has rekindled liberation struggle of Kwara South people.

Speaking with journalists on the outcome of the just concluded by-election in Omu-Aran at the weekend, the ADC candidate for the federal constituency, Hon Kamardeen Kadiri, said that, although ADC did not participate in the just concluded by-election, the APC victory was a clear indication that the people of Kwara South are actually committed to the liberation struggle.

Kadiri, who congratulated Olawuyi on his victory, said that both the APC and the ADC share same principle and ideals, adding that they are committed toward restoring dignity of people of the Kwara South district.

He also sympathised with the party over the death of five of its members in a recent auto-accident along Omu-Aran-Oke-Onigbin highway.

He regretted that the people of the district had been marginalized for long in the area of provision of infrastructures and other social amenities needed to transform the living standard of the inhabitants.

He also said that the party remained the credible alternative and was more focused and determined in its bid to win the constituency slot in the coming general election in order to fast track its socio-economic development.

The ADC candidate urged Kwara South leaders, both religious and traditional rulers, not to relent in their responsibility of ensuring that the yearnings and aspirations of the various communities are actualized.

“Campaigns for 2019 general elections have started and it is our collective responsibility as legitimate citizens of the district to ensure its growth, progress and development, through active political participation.

“The low number of total vote cast of 40, 930 across the constituency consisting of four local government areas as against the total number of registered voters of 168, 707 needed to be critically examined and addressed.

“Over 40, 000 Permanent Voters Cards belonging to the district are still with INEC going by reports reaching us which is very unimpressive.

“There is need to jettison our ethnoreligious, tribal and political differences and increase our voting strength in future elections in order to have a sense of belonging in government policy and decision making.

“Our vote is our strength we should strive to contribute our quota genuinely and promptly especially as 2019 draws nearer and ADC would surely deliver on its promises,” he said.

 

Sourced From: Tribune

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Continue Reading

Politics

Popular Posts